Types of LCBA Virtual Program Students:
Category 1: Full time online students - all courses are taken online or combined with face to face LCBA courses.
Category 2: Part time online students – students attend classes at their home school along with online courses offered at LCBA Virtual Program.
Academic Integrity Statement
Lake Charles Boston Academy Virtual Program expects all students to engage in academic pursuits in a manner that is above reproach. Students are expected to maintain complete honesty and integrity in their academic experiences. While most of the work can be completed off-site, there are times that being on-site will be necessary. During those times the students will adhere to the LCBA handbook. Any student found guilty of dishonesty in any phase of academic work will be subject to disciplinary action. Disciplinary proceedings may be initiated against a student accused of any form of academic dishonesty including, but not limited to, cheating on online submissions or examinations, plagiarism, collusion, and the abuse of resource material.
Criteria for LCBA Virtual Program Enrollment:
- Student must be enrolled in a Calcasieu Parish School System high school.
- Enrolling from a private and/or home school
- Students who are deficient in credits
- Students who wish to accelerate their high school plan
- Other reasons deemed necessary by the home high school
The LCBA Virtual Program is a separate program from the Hospital Homebound Program. Students with medical issues must follow the application process as outlined by the Hospital Homebound Program located within the Calcasieu Parish School System Special Services Department.
Registration Process for LCBA Virtual Program:
• There are 2 enrollment windows for the 2016-2017 school year:
Fall Enrollment Period: August 1, 2016 - August 25, 2016
Spring Enrollment Period: January 2, 2017 - January 20, 2017
• The home high school counselor faxes the application to:
Mr. Shane Moras, LCBA Counselor, Fax # (337) 217-4393
•Students with an overall GPA of 2.0 or higher, will be accepted without conditions. All students will be evaluated at the end of each 9 weeks period. At that time:
- Students with successful (70% or above) performance will continue in the program.
- Students with less than successful (below 70%) performance will be required to conference face-to-face with their parent and teacher to be able to continue in the program.
- Unsuccessful students that are unwilling to attend a face-to-face conference will be removed from the online program and returned to their home high school.
•Students with an overall GPA of 1.9 or lower will be accepted for a three week trial program. All students in this program will be evaluated each week for participation and academic success (70% or higher).
- Students with successful performance (70% or above) will continue in the program and be evaluated at the end of each 9 weeks period.
- Unsuccessful students (below 70%) and/or non-participating students will be removed from the online program and returned to their home high school.
•Grading will follow the regular CPSB grading scale:
High School Grading Scale
100% - 93% = A
92% - 85% = B
84% - 75% = C
74% -67% = D
66% or below = U
For more information, see the LCBA VP - Handbook