The FCA Vision
- To see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes.
The FCA Mission
The Four C’s of Ministry
- To present to coaches and athletes, and all whom they influence, the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church.
The FCA Values
- Coaches Ministry---The Coaches Ministry vision is to redeem sports through transformed coaches. FCA ministers to coaches through Bible studies, prayer support, discipleship and mentoring, resources, outreach events and retreats.
- Campus Ministry---The Campus Ministry is initiated and led by student-athletes and coaches on junior high, high school and college campuses. It has four ministry types: Huddles, Team Bible Studies, Chaplain Programs and Coaches Bible Studies. Additionally, outreach events take place on the campus such as One Way 2 Play — Drug Free programs, school assemblies and the annual Fields of Faith event.
- Camp Ministry---Camps are a time of “inspirations and perspiration” for coaches and athletes to reach their potential by offering comprehensive athletic, spiritual and leadership training. These types of camps are Sports Camp, Leadership Camp, Coaches Camp, Power Camp, Partnership Camp, Team Camp and International Camp.
- Community Ministry---The “win” of Community Ministry is to see the community reached for Jesus Christ through adult involvement. FCA partners with local churches, businesses, parents and volunteers to invest in coaches and athletes participating in club, recreational and youth sports teams. FCA Teams have also been created to impact the sports community. Other areas of Community Ministry include adult ministries, professional athlete ministries, resources and clinics.
Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
- Integrity---We will demonstrate Christ-like wholeness, privately, and publicly. (Proverbs 11:3)
- Serving---We will model Jesus’ example of serving. (John 13:1-17)
- Teamwork---We will express our unity in Christ in all our relationships. (Philippians 2:1-4)
- Excellence---We will honor and glorify God in all we do. (Colossians 3:23-24)
Coach Vaughn Eggleston is Sam Houston's FCA adviser. Weekly meetings are held on Thursday mornings at 7:10 in the girls' gym.