Mrs. Cormier's Announcements
Welcome to my 8th grade ELA page. Here, I'll provide information about what we do in class.
Week of September 20th to September 24th:
- Monday- Lesson 13: How Structure Impacts Character and Plot Development
- Tuesday- Lesson 14: Impact of Irony on Character Development
- Wednesday-Lesson 15: Conduct a Socratic Seminar
- Thursday- Flowers for Algernon Section 4 Quiz
- Friday- Lesson 16: Analyze Character Development and Irony in “Flowers for Algernon”
Week of September 13th to September 17th:
- Monday- Bad weather day! No school
- Tuesday- No school
- Wednesday-Sections 2 & 3 Quiz. Issue tech jobs for power point project.
- Thursday- Students will complete Lesson 11.
- Friday- Students will complete Lessons 12 & 13.
Reminder: I do not assign homework. I want them to go home and relax, play, and socialize with friends and family.
Week of September 6th to September 10th:
- Monday- Labor Day! No School
- Tuesday- Students will finish Lesson 8. They will analyze an argument and create a thesis statement.
- Wednesday- Students will complete Lesson 9. They will create a new thesis statement for "Flowers for Algernon" to prepare for their end of unit argumentative essay. They will complete a written response supporting their thesis statement.
- Thursday- Students will complete Lesson 10. They will revise their written responses by adding transition words and addressing a counterclaim.
- Friday- Students will complete their independent jobs and review Sections 2 and 3 (Lessons 5-10).
I do not assign homework. I want them to go home and relax, play, and socialize with friends and family.
Please be sure to complete and sign all paperwork that was sent home with your child. Please remember that all fees can be paid online. Please find the link on our MBMS webpage.
Also, please sign up for my Remind. Directions are on the green paper that your child received on the first day of school.