The Calcasieu Parish School Board is closely monitoring developments regarding COVID-19, Coronavirus. The safety of our faculty, staff, and students remains a top priority, and we will provide updates as necessary. Communication regarding the virus has been sent home with all Calcasieu Parish School Board students, and all of our school staff have been provided additional guidance regarding the situation.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (Click for full PDF)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new human virus that is spread from person to person that was first identified in China. Diseases from the virus typically cause mild to moderate illness, like the common cold. However, coronavirus can cause serious infections like pneumonia.
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms AND traveled from mainland China in the prior 14 days have:
- Shortness of breath
- Pneumonia in both lungs (severe symptom)
CORONAVIRUS PREVENTION (Click for full PDF)
Basic measures can be taken to prevent the spread of many illnesses, including Coronavirus.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then throw the tissue away.
- Disinfect and clean frequently touches surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with individuals who may be sick.