SWLA United Way Services Available for Students and Parents
211 RESOURCE DATABASE
Free service that is available 24/7, 365 days a year
- Connects parents to information and referral services available in our area
- At this time, SWLA United Way has partnered with the Louisiana Department of Health and the CDC to provide up-to-date COVID-19 information to the public through the 211 service
- May be accessed in three different formats
- Dial 2-1-1
- Text 898-211
- Go to unitedwayswla.org and click on 211 online
833 TXT TEEN (Help for Ages 13-22)
Crisis Intervention Specialists are available to provide emotional support, information and/or referrals to community resources and crisis intervention
- Text 833-TXT-TEEN (833-898-8336) to access
Crisis Chat is for anyone who is going through a hard time, having thoughts about suicide, or just needs to talk. Crisis Intervention Specialists are ready to listen, provide emotional support and help you cope.
If students feel more comfortable, they may also reach out to CPSB directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be connected to their personal school counselor.