• The school was built in 1968 and opened for the 1968-1969 school year with an enrollment of 413 students. The school held grades 1 to 6 through the 1974-1975 and had an enrollment of 400. During the 1975-1976 school year the school held grades K to 5 with an enrollment of 437, pre-K was later added. The school colors are blue and gold. The mascot for R.W. Vincent is the Eagle.

    The school was named after Dr. Richard Vincent in 1969. The school was originally named Arizona Street School. The school’s original address was 1634 Arizona Street. Dr. Vincent was a respected medical doctor in Calcasieu Parish and graduated from Tulane Medical School in 1905. He was one of only three practicing physicians in the Sulphur area. He was born in Vincent Settlement. Dr. Vincent was married to Mary Lillian Burton, sister of W.T. Burton. Dr. Vincent served as president of the Calcasieu Parish City School Board in 1915 and 1916 and was re-elected president in 1919. Before his second term as president, he resigned and moved to Orange, Texas, where he died on August 9, 1920. (LC American Press August 9, 1920)

    The school has had 10 principals:

    C.T. Campbell – 1968 – 1970

    George C. Clyde – 1970 – 1974

    Robert A. Hunter, Jr. –1974 – 1977

    William F. Hess – 1977 – 1997

    Paul Champagne – 1997 – 2004

    Gloria Marcantel – 2004 – 2005

    Paul Champagne – 2005 – 2008

    Arlene Hobaugh – 2008 – 2009

    Joy Fox – 2009 – 2018

    Kristin Brooks – 2018 -