How do I attend face-to-face classes at LCB Academy?
- Students attending the academy will stay enrolled at their home schools.
- To attend a class at the academy, a student must include it in their course request sheet for that school year.
- There is not a specific grade point average requirement to attend the classes at LCB Academy. However, since each individual class is different, some may have prerequisites or grade point requirements.
- Transportation to the LCB Academy is provided by the Calcasieu Parish School Board Transportation Department.
How do I take online classes through LCB Academy?
- Students attending the online academy must discuss course options with their home school counselor.
- Home school counselor will complete an ACEONLINE application and send for approval.
- Once approved, the student will report to LCBA for orientation and testing throughout the school year.
- It is recommended that students have internet access available to them outside of the school system and is the responsibility of the parent to provide this access.
- Full time virtual students remain enrolled at their home school; thus they are eligible to participate in school-based functions such as dances, clubs and sports with administration permission.
- Since students are not required to attend daily, transportation is NOT provided from the home school and is the responsibility of the student’s guardian.