Tretia Harris, Extended Day Care Director
337-217-4920 Ext. #6924
Saberly O'Quain, Principal
The purpose of the Extended Day Program is to provide parents of elementary age students in Calcasieu Parish Public Schools the option of before and after school child care. This service is offered to students who are at least four years of age and are currently enrolled in participating schools. All participation is voluntary.
The goal of the program is to provide a healthy and secure environment before and after school for children in Calcasieu Parish. It is the intent of the program to provide an atmosphere that affords each child an opportunity to enhance intellectual, personal, social and physical development. Extended Day Program facilitates successful experiences that promote positive self-concepts and generates an attitude of mutual respect and cooperation.
The Extended Day Program is available on regular school days. All programs offer afternoon sessions that begin when school is dismissed and extend until 6:00 p.m. Some sites also have morning and /or holiday hours. An Extended Day Summer Program is available at some consolidated locations.
A designated time is allowed each day for a variety of activities including supervised homework*, outside play, table games, and special programs. (*It is a child’s responsibility to know what homework is to be completed and to have all supplies. The supervised homework time is not a tutoring service, but questions are answered, and homework is monitored.)Fee Schedule
Registration: $40.00 per child
(Includes secondary insurance coverage)
First child in family
Each Add’l Child
Full time monthly pm tuition
Policies Relating to Fees
· All fees are payable in advance.
· Fees for weeks containing fewer than five school days are pro-rated.
· Parents choose in advance either regular tuition or drop-in tuition option. Written notice must be given in advance for change from one to the other.
· Late fees are included for after 6:00 p.m. pick-ups. ($8.00 for any portion of first 15 minutes plus $3.00 for any portion of each 5 minutes thereafter.)
· No refunds are made for absences.
· A $25.00 charge will be assessed for all NSF checks, and all future fees may be required in cash.
· IRS Form W-10 is provided for Federal Income Tax purposes.
· Snack arrangements are handled at each school.
· Untimely payment of fees is reason for dismissal.
· Child Care Assistance may be available through the Office of Family Services.
The Extended Year Summer Program is available at several consolidated locations from 6:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. daily. Both structured and unstructured activities as well as indoor and outdoor activities are offered on site. Field trips are scheduled on a regular basis. (School bus transportation is provided for field trips; however, each student is responsible for fees such as movie or skating admission.)
Summer Fee Schedule
Registration: $40.00 per child
(Includes secondary insurance coverage) Children bring a sack lunch each day.
First child in the family
Each Additional Child
Policies Relating to Summer Fees
Policies that are related to fees during the regular school year, also apply to summer programs.