ZERO TOLERANCE UPDATE - DECEMBER 2022
In December 2022 the Calcasieu Parish School Board approved a revision to our Zero Tolerance Policy. CPSB is working collaboratively with CPSO and the MARC and are providing intervention(s) for Conflict Resolution and offering additional supports. This will be in addition to disciplinary consequences.
Increased concern is being expressed regarding student behavior problems in schools.The public expects schools to provide a safe, supportive environment where students can learn, and teachers can teach. Zero Tolerance polices are enforced for students who engage in physical assault, fistic encounters/fighting. (Page 20 CPSB Student Code of Conduct)
- The school will refer the youth and family to the MARC
- The MARC will contact student's parent/guardian to schedule an intake appointment
- Parent/guardian has the option to take the student to the MARC before they are contacted by the MARC for intake appointment while student may be out for suspension. (Contact info below)
- The youth and family will go through the MARC screening process and any ancillary screening tools identified from its findings.
- If a need is identified, the family will be offered Conflict Resolution, co-occurring services through Imperial Calcasieu, and/or supportive services through the Families in Need of Services (FINS) program.
- Students will receive Conflict Resolution Intervention.
MARC (MULTI-AGENCY-RESOURCE CENTER
3581 E. Prien Lake Rd. Lake Charles, La 70602
Phone: (337) 721-3900
Hours: MONDAY thru SATURDAY 8AM until 12AM