• Out of Zone Permit Info

    2021 Deadline Dates:

    • The Out of Zone application forms for the 21-22 school year will be available Monday, March 1, 2021.
    • Out of Zone Applications can be obtained two ways:
      1. Parents may pick up OOZ forms at the Child Welfare and Attendance Office. The address is 2423 Sixth Street in Lake Charles. 
      2. Parents may request forms be mailed to them by sending an email to cwainfo@cpsb.org. Please include your name, mailing address, and the number of forms being requested.
    • The deadline to turn in forms is Monday, May 31. Out of Zone Forms will not be accepted at the schools. They must be mailed or turned into the Child Welfare and Attendance Office. ***Please note that CWA will not make copies of the items required with the application. Please provide your own copies when turning in completed applications. 


    The results will be mailed to the parent/guardian by mid July.


    Address Verification Required:

    Calcasieu Parish School Board Policy requires you to verify your address in order to register your child (Grades K-12) in the appropriate attendance zone. In order to do this, you must provide copies of two different recent utility bills or receipts - electric bill (full page) being one of the bills having your name and address on them; for example, electric, gas, water, telephone, or cablevision statements. Service address must show on bill. Please provide copy of parent ID.

    If the legal guardian is living with someone else and has no utility statements in his/her name, he/she will need to provide copies

    1. A notarized statement from the person with whom the guardian is living which verifies that he/she resides with the householder.
    2. Two (2) current utility statements verifying homeowner address (one being an electric bill)
    3. Picture ID of homeowner.
    4. Picture ID of parent.

    Custody Papers:

    In addition, if custody of your child has changed because of separation and/or divorce, you may be asked to furnish a copy of a judicial order of custody; thus you are advised to bring your custody papers with you. Also, if you have been given custody of a child by judicial court order, bring those papers.


    Enrollment in Calcasieu Parish Schools is temporary (up to thirty (30) days) pending receipt of all required records. The legal guardian is responsible for providing the required records to the school in a timely fashion. Failure to do so may result in your child being terminated from the school’s enrollment. When you go to register the student at school, you will need the following papers: The permit from CWA, birth certificate, social security card, custody papers (if there are any), health records and academic records.

    Birth Certificate:

    An official copy of your child’s birth certificate (containing the raised seal) is required by Louisiana law and by Calcasieu Parish School Board policy. If you do not have an official copy, the school or this office can furnish you with the address needed to order one.

    Social Security Card:

    Board policy requires that a social security number (card) be furnished to the school. This number is necessary for maintenance of all student records.

    Health Record:

    A child transferring into a Calcasieu Parish School from another system (from within or from without the state) shall submit a state-approved health card providing evidence of having been immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, poliomyelitis, and other communicable diseases; or they shall present evidence that such immunizations are in progress. The state-approved health card may be obtained at the Calcasieu Parish Health Unit or the physician’s office.

    Academic Records:

    A guardian should accompany a child to school to register for the first time to furnish information needed by the school that the student may not be able to provide. The report card and transfer records from the previous school, if available, should be taken to the school at this time, as the school may need this information to properly place the student. However, the school will accept a student without academic records. Placement of a student without records will be temporary, and the receiving school will request the records from the previous school. However, the final responsibility for the attainment of school records belongs to the legal guardian.


    The school personnel can answer these questions where you register your child. Parents/guardians are advised to inquire about these issues at the time of registration.

    Permits may be obtained from the Office of Child Welfare and Attendance, 2423 Sixth Street, Lake Charles, LA 70601, between the hours of 7:30—11:30 and 1:00—3:30. 

    You may also request your forms at cwainfo@cpsb.org to be mailed to you.