IN ZONE PERMIT INFO
In-Zone permits will be available beginning Wednesday, July 19th for the 23-24 school year.
CWA does not make copies. A separate set of address verification documents and parent/guardian ID will be needed for each student that requires a permit.
CWA summer lobby office hours: M-F from 7:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-3:00 p.m.
The office is located at 2423 Sixth Street, Lake Charles, 70601.
District policy requires you to verify your address to register your child (grades K-12) in the appropriate Ward 3 (Lake Charles) attendance zone. To do this, copies of the following documents are required FOR EACH CHILD NEEDING A PERMIT:
~ If the parent/guardian is the account holder for the electricity of the physical address, copies of the following:
- Copy of parent/guardian’s photo ID for each student
- Copy of current electricity statement showing the name and service address for each student
- Copy of another current utility statement showing the name and service address for each student (Examples: gas, water, phone, cable or a lease containing the guardian as the lessee and the signature of the leasor)
- Copy of child's birth certificate
- Copy of any legal documents signed by a judge, if applicable (custody, foster care, legal guardianship, etc.)
~ If the electricity is not in parent/guardian's name or if they are not the homeowner, the following must be provided along with the above copies:
- Original notarized statement stating that the utilities are in someone else's name (See template under “Info for Parents”)
- Copy of electricity account holder/home owner’s photo ID
If you are unable to provide the documentation outlined, you should contact CWA at (337) 217-4230 before reporting for a permit to register. Best wishes for a successful school year for your child.