"Preparing Today's Students for Tomorrow's World"
The Career and Technical Education Department provides students with training to acquire skills necessary for success in post-secondary training as well as the work-place. Articulation between the school system and post-secondary institutions also provides students with an opportunity to receive post-secondary credit as they complete their secondary course work. Industry-based certification is a driving force in all areas of the career and technical education curriculum. In many classes, students are able to to earn industry-based certifications related to the course work in which they are enrolled. With internships and cooperative education options, students can also graduate with a "Career and Technical Education Endorsement" on their high school diploma.
Louisiana Occupational Forecasting
There are more than four hundred top demand occupations in Louisiana, according to the three-year occupational forecast. Of those hour hundred:
- Nearly 300, or approximately 72%, do NOT require a four-year university degree.
- Two-thirds of the top demand occupations require training and/or some form of post-secondary education.
- Ninety-five percent require additional training beyond a high school diploma.
- Nearly half of these jobs offer average hourly wages of $15.00 or more.
- Approximately three in ten have average hourly compensation that exceeds $20.00.
- Thirty occupations paying over $20.00 per hour do not require a university degree.
For specific occupational statistics, go to www.laworks.net.
For more information about Career and Technical Education programs, visit the
This agency does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, qualified handicap or disability.
Career and Technical Schools
- Barbe High School
- Bell City High School
- Dequincy High School
- College Street Voataion Center
- Iowa High School
- LaGrange High School
- Sam Houston High School
- Starks High School
- Sulphur High School
- Sulphur High 9th Grade Campus
- Vinton High School
- Washington Marion High School
- Westlake High School
- JI Watson Middle School
- LeBlanc Middle
- Molo Middle School
- Moss Bluff Middle
- Oak Park Middle
- Reynaud Middle
- SJ Welsh Middle School
- WW Lewis Middle School