Talented Visual ArtIdentification Process
- A student may be referred for screening by school based personnel or their parent.
- Once the request has been made, a Parent packet is sent home that includes a letter to the parent, explanation of the Portfolio requirement, a Student Data Sheet, and a Parent Rating scale to be completed by the parent and returned to the school counselor.
- The completed packets (includes the Parent Packet and the School Screening Packet) are then forwarded to the Talented Visual Art Department (Gifted and Advanced Studies) to be reviewed.
- If the student qualifies to continue with the screening process, the student will be required to bring a "portfolio" of work on the day of the screening.
- Once the screening is complete and the student qualifies for the final State evaluation process, testing will be arranged.