Virtual FAFSA Completion Session
LELA would like to offer your students the opportunity to work with us individually to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA), and the Holidays are the best time to complete this graduation requirement.
If interested, students can contact me at email@example.com to schedule a virtual completion appointment.
UNIVERSITY PRIORITY DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION/SCHOLARSHIPS
(please visit the website to apply and to double-check application deadline dates—they are subject to change)
- McNeese – 1st priority is December 1, 2020 and final is March 1, 2021
- Tulane – early action November 15, 2020
- LSU – priority: December 15, 2020 (deadline to apply without late fee - April 15, 2021)
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette – May 31, 2021, but apply early
- University of New Orleans – December 11, 2020 (application fee waived until December 1, 2020)
- Louisiana College – (Last year's, waiting on update) July 15, 2020, others on a rolling basis
- University of Louisiana at Monroe –January 31, 2021 (free application right now)
- Louisiana Tech – No set deadline- fee is waived right now so apply early
- Northwestern – Priority is December 1, 2020
- Sowela – April 1, 2021
- Southern at New Orleans – December 14, 2020
- Grambling – June 1, 2021
- Southeastern – January 15, 2021
- Nicholls University-You must be admitted by January 5, 2021 for academic scholarships
GRANTS, LOANS, AND STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The federal financial aid application is used to apply for grants, loans, and the work-study program at colleges. Online applications are available October 1st and require the parent to use their income tax return for the previous tax year in order to complete portions of the application, Application must be made by July 1st.
The state of Louisiana also uses the federal financial aid application form to apply for the following TOPS scholarships (Application deadline for these programs is July 1st):
TOPS-OPPORTUNITY: MINIMUM 2.5 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 20 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION.
TOPS-PERFORMANCE: MINIMUM 3.0 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 23 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION PLUS $400 per year.
TOPS-HONORS: MINIMUM 3.0 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 27 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION PLUS $800 per year.
TOPS-TECHNICAL: MINIMUM 2.5 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 17 ACT COMPOSITE, and 21 UNITS that comprise the TOPS Tech Jump Start core Curriculum. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION ONLY.
COLLEGE SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS
Most of our state-supported universities choose their recipients from outstanding high school graduates who file an application with the individual university, complete ACT testing by October or December of their senior year with a minimum composite score of 25, and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Students should have ACT scores sent directly to colleges. Application forms can be obtained from the university’s scholarship and testing office.
ULM Foundation scholarships
Listed below are the scholarships that are available to children of employees of these companies.
Citgo Scholarship: Seniors who are children of Citgo employees or retirees may apply. Applicant must have a minimum 3.2 GPA. Scholarship Value is $4,000 per year.
Conoco/Phillips Scholarship: Seniors who are children of Conoco employees and retirees may apply. Scholarship value is $4,000 per year.
Firestone Tire and Rubber Scholarships: Students whose parent is an employee of Firestone may apply. Application must be obtained from the Firestone personnel office.
Pinnacle Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee of Pinnacle may apply. Applications must be obtained from Pinnacle.
Sasol Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee of Sasol. Applications must be obtained from Sasol.
Westlake Chemical Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee may apply. Applications must be obtained from Westlake Chemical.
Jackie Robinson Foundation scholarship
- four-year scholarships of $30,000 and extensive support services, including career guidance and internship placement, to highly motivated African American students who have maintained a 98% college graduation rate.
- website: Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Deadline February 1, 2021
- $500 for FFA members or $1,000 for FFA state champion
- Must be in good standing with FFA and must be attending a Louisiana Community and Technical College
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or information
- Apply by checking the box on your college registration packet that asks if you were an FFA member
- Apply while registering for college any time
COURAGE TO GROW SCHOLARSHIP
- Special requirements: minimum 2.5 GPA
- Essay topic: Please explain in 250 words or less why you believe that you should be awarded this scholarship
- Contact Information: P.O. Box 2507 Chelan, WA 98816 United States, Phone: (509) 293-1978
- How to submit: https://couragetogrowscholarship.com/
- Deadline: the end of every month
IMAGINE AMERICA FOUNDATION
- Only for certain career and technical colleges (list on website)
- Submit through their mobile app
- Apply early
- $5,000 from a random drawing
- Contact Information: visit DiscoverStudentLoans.com or call 1-800-STUDENT
- How to submit: visit scholarship.collegecovered.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, you will be opted in to receive email-marketing messages; however, if you have previously opted-out of receiving email marketing messages from Sponsor, you will not be added back to the email list. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing.
- Additional info: you can also get your name in more than once by earning bonus points. Refer to https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/rules.html/?affiliate_id=default details
- Deadline: the end of every month
- Community service, transcript, photo, letters of rec
- Essay: Outline career goals
- Course options: paralegal, dental assistant, medical assistant, business management, accounting, information technology, computer application specialist, administrative assistant
- Applications can be printed at http://deltatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/SCHOLARSHIP-application.pdf
- How to submit: deliver to Delta Tech Administration Building at 517 Broad St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
- Deadline: apply early—limited number awarded each year
CATHOLIC YOUTH LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
- State winner: $5000, Runner-up: $3000, 3rd place - $2000, Regional - $1000
- Senior Catholic boy or girl that exemplifies leadership and Catholic values
- Print out form:www.louisianakc.org
- Contact: Delmas Forbes, Jr. 225-939-2980
- Deadlline: January 25, 2021
- Special requirements: college-bound to a 2 or 4-year college
- Contact Information: Traven Watase at 808-450-9988 or email at email@example.com
- How to submit: apply at http://bit.ly/pbjscholars2021
- Additional info: geared for students whose GPAs might not be the best and may have experienced challenges in their life but have the drive to succeed.
- Required: application, transcript, 2 letters of recommendation
- Deadline is May 31, 2021