The Propeller Club
- one-time scholarship to 4 seniors attending an accredited college, or a maritime related trade school
- awards range from $1,000 to $2,500
- must have an immediate family member employed in the commercial maritime industries (commercial fishing, tug or barge operations, dredging, dock work, and oil/gas. -OR- must be sponsored by a member of the organization.
- complete the request for a scholarship application and submit via email to the address provided
- Deadline: December 31, 2022
UNIVERSITY PRIORITY DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION/SCHOLARSHIPS
(please visit the website to apply and to double-check application deadline dates—they are subject to change)
- McNeese – 1st priority is December 1, 2022 and final is February 1, 2023
- Tulane – early action November 1, 2022
- LSU – priority: June 1, 2023
- LSUE - priority: February 1, 2022
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette – July 1, 2023
- University of New Orleans – November 15, 2022
- University of Louisiana at Monroe –February 28, 2023
- Louisiana Tech – January 15, 2023
- Northwestern – November 1, 2022
- Sowela – April 1, 2023
- Southern at New Orleans – July 1, 2023
- Grambling – June 1, 2023
- Southeastern – June 1, 2023 - application deadline
- Nicholls University- April 15, 2023
Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship
American Legion High School Oratorical Scholarship
- Constitutional speech contest that educates youths on the nation's founding documents with an emphasis on citizenship
- $500 and $100 prizes, and an opportunity to earn up to $25,000
- For more information on the content of the speeches to be delivered and the due dates, please scan the QR code found in the attached flyers:
- Flyer and Information
Calcasieu School Counselor Association
- graduating senior from Calcasieu public high school
- plan to attend college or technical school
- 2.5 GPA, good moral character, involved in extra-curriculars
- Two one-time scholarships valued at $500 each, to be awarded annually
- Turn your application into your counselor, Mrs. Smart, by January 24, 2023
GRANTS, LOANS, AND STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The federal financial aid application is used to apply for grants, loans, and the work-study program at colleges. Online applications are available October 1st and require the parent to use their income tax return for the previous tax year in order to complete portions of the application, Application must be made by July 1st.
The state of Louisiana also uses the federal financial aid application form to apply for the following TOPS scholarships (Application deadline for these programs is July 1st):
TOPS-OPPORTUNITY: MINIMUM 2.5 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 20 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION.
TOPS-PERFORMANCE: MINIMUM 3.0 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 23 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION PLUS $400 per year.
TOPS-HONORS: MINIMUM 3.0 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 27 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION PLUS $800 per year.
TOPS-TECHNICAL: MINIMUM 2.5 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 17 ACT COMPOSITE, and 21 UNITS that comprise the TOPS Tech Jump Start core Curriculum. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION ONLY.
Listed below are the scholarships that are available to children of employees of these companies.
Citgo Scholarship: Seniors who are children of Citgo employees or retirees may apply. Applicant must have a minimum 3.2 GPA. Scholarship Value is $4,000 per year.
Conoco/Phillips Scholarship: Seniors who are children of Conoco employees and retirees may apply. Scholarship value is $4,000 per year.
Firestone Tire and Rubber Scholarships: Students whose parent is an employee of Firestone may apply. Application must be obtained from the Firestone personnel office.
Pinnacle Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee of Pinnacle may apply. Applications must be obtained from Pinnacle.
Sasol Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee of Sasol. Applications must be obtained from Sasol.
Westlake Chemical Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee may apply. Applications must be obtained from Westlake Chemical.
- $500 for FFA members or $1,000 for FFA state champion
- Must be in good standing with FFA and must be attending a Louisiana Community and Technical College
- Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or information
- Apply by checking the box on your college registration packet that asks if you were an FFA member
- Apply while registering for college any time
COURAGE TO GROW SCHOLARSHIP
- Special requirements: minimum 2.5 GPA
- Essay topic: Please explain in 250 words or less why you believe that you should be awarded this scholarship
- Contact Information: P.O. Box 2507 Chelan, WA 98816 United States, Phone: (509) 293-1978
- How to submit: https://couragetogrowscholarship.com/
- Deadline: the end of every month
IMAGINE AMERICA FOUNDATION
- Only for certain career and technical colleges (list on website)
- Submit through their mobile app
- Apply early
- $5,000 from a random drawing
- Contact Information: visit DiscoverStudentLoans.com or call 1-800-STUDENT
- How to submit: visit scholarship.collegecovered.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, you will be opted in to receive email-marketing messages; however, if you have previously opted-out of receiving email marketing messages from Sponsor, you will not be added back to the email list. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing.
- Additional info: you can also get your name in more than once by earning bonus points. Refer to https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/rules.html/?affiliate_id=default details
- Deadline: the end of every month