UNIVERSITY PRIORITY DEADLINES FOR APPLICATION/SCHOLARSHIPS
(please visit the website to apply and to double-check application deadline dates—they are subject to change)
- McNeese – 1st priority is December 1, 2021 and final is February 1, 2022
- Tulane – early action November 1, 2021
- LSU – priority: November 15, 2021
- LSUE - priority: February 1, 2022
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette – November 15, 2021
- University of New Orleans – November 15, 2021
- Louisiana College – waiting on update
- University of Louisiana at Monroe –January 31, 2022
- Louisiana Tech – April 15, 2022
- Northwestern – November 1, 2021
- Sowela – April 1, 2022
- Southern at New Orleans – July 1, 2022
- Grambling – June 1, 2022
- Southeastern – January 15, 2022
- Nicholls University- April 15, 2022
GRANTS, LOANS, AND STATE SCHOLARSHIPS
The federal financial aid application is used to apply for grants, loans, and the work-study program at colleges. Online applications are available October 1st and require the parent to use their income tax return for the previous tax year in order to complete portions of the application, Application must be made by July 1st.
The state of Louisiana also uses the federal financial aid application form to apply for the following TOPS scholarships (Application deadline for these programs is July 1st):
TOPS-OPPORTUNITY: MINIMUM 2.5 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 20 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION.
TOPS-PERFORMANCE: MINIMUM 3.0 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 23 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION PLUS $400 per year.
TOPS-HONORS: MINIMUM 3.0 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 27 ACT COMPOSITE, and 19 CORE UNITS. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION PLUS $800 per year.
TOPS-TECHNICAL: MINIMUM 2.5 Core Curriculum GPA, MINIMUM 17 ACT COMPOSITE, and 21 UNITS that comprise the TOPS Tech Jump Start core Curriculum. PAYS LOUISIANA PUBLIC TUITION ONLY.
Listed below are the scholarships that are available to children of employees of these companies.
Citgo Scholarship: Seniors who are children of Citgo employees or retirees may apply. Applicant must have a minimum 3.2 GPA. Scholarship Value is $4,000 per year.
Conoco/Phillips Scholarship: Seniors who are children of Conoco employees and retirees may apply. Scholarship value is $4,000 per year.
Firestone Tire and Rubber Scholarships: Students whose parent is an employee of Firestone may apply. Application must be obtained from the Firestone personnel office.
Pinnacle Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee of Pinnacle may apply. Applications must be obtained from Pinnacle.
Sasol Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee of Sasol. Applications must be obtained from Sasol.
Westlake Chemical Scholarship: Senior whose parent is an employee may apply. Applications must be obtained from Westlake Chemical.
Kyle Andrew Broussard FCA Memorial Scholarship
- Active participant in FCA and has played a sport in high school
- Essay describing role of Christianity in his/her life
- $1,000 per semester for 2 semesters
- Recipient must attend National Day of Prayer luncheon
- Scholarship Information
- Deadline April 1, 2022
Scholarship Awards Program
- for those struggling with homelessness, housing instability or extreme poverty
- covers expenses up to $8,000
- for all types of higher education: college, community college, trade school, certifications, etc
- eligible to apply if you are defined under the McKinney-Vento Act
- link for more information
- Deadline: March 1, 2022
Delta Sigma Theta Scholarship
- two payments of $2,000 each
- two letters of rec, transcript, ACT scores, essay "Where I See Myself in 10 years", 3.0 GPA
- in-person interview
- Deadline postmarked by January 31, 2022 -mail application
- Application as a fillable document
- Updated procedures
- you may also visit the website dstlakecharles.org
- $500 for FFA members or $1,000 for FFA state champion
- Must be in good standing with FFA and must be attending a Louisiana Community and Technical College
- Contact email@example.com for any questions or information
- Apply by checking the box on your college registration packet that asks if you were an FFA member
- Apply while registering for college any time
COURAGE TO GROW SCHOLARSHIP
- Special requirements: minimum 2.5 GPA
- Essay topic: Please explain in 250 words or less why you believe that you should be awarded this scholarship
- Contact Information: P.O. Box 2507 Chelan, WA 98816 United States, Phone: (509) 293-1978
- How to submit: https://couragetogrowscholarship.com/
- Deadline: the end of every month
IMAGINE AMERICA FOUNDATION
- Only for certain career and technical colleges (list on website)
- Submit through their mobile app
- Apply early
- $5,000 from a random drawing
- Contact Information: visit DiscoverStudentLoans.com or call 1-800-STUDENT
- How to submit: visit scholarship.collegecovered.com and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including a valid email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, you will be opted in to receive email-marketing messages; however, if you have previously opted-out of receiving email marketing messages from Sponsor, you will not be added back to the email list. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the applicable Entry Period drawing.
- Additional info: you can also get your name in more than once by earning bonus points. Refer to https://scholarship.collegecovered.com/rules.html/?affiliate_id=default details
- Deadline: the end of every month
- Community service, transcript, photo, letters of rec
- Essay: Outline career goals
- Course options: paralegal, dental assistant, medical assistant, business management, accounting, information technology, computer application specialist, administrative assistant
- Applications can be printed at http://deltatech.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/SCHOLARSHIP-application.pdf
- How to submit: deliver to Delta Tech Administration Building at 517 Broad St, Lake Charles, LA 70601
- Deadline: apply early—limited number awarded each year