R3 Zone activities and progress will be supported and reviewed on a regular basis by an Advisory Committee from each high school cluster made up of parents, community leaders, and faculty representatives. These representatives will be nominated by each school principal and approved by the superintendent. Every attempt will be made to ensure that Advisory Committee Members reflect diversity of race, gender, and professional background. Members must reside in Calcasieu Parish and will serve a three-year term.
- Review and comment on the goals established for the Zone by the superintendent and District Leadership Team.
- Review progress towards those goals and issue reports on progress made to the superintendent. The superintendent will then report that progress to the Calcasieu Parish School Board.
- Hold at least two public meetings each year to gather public input and feedback on progress towards zone goals.
- Review the implementation of Zone initiatives and make suggestions to the superintendent regarding needed changes or interventions.
- Recommend and evaluate strategies that are put into place to improve student academic performance, attendance, behavior.
- Suggest strategies designed to increase parent and community involvement at zone schools.
Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule
North Cluster - Washington Marion Advisory Committee
January 14, 2019 (Committee Only) MINUTES
Central Cluster - LaGrange Advisory Committee
January 28, 2019 (Committee Only) MINUTES
Joint Cluster Meetings
March 11, 2019 MINUTES
September 16, 2019 MINUTES