Upgrading to Windows 10
If you have a desktop or laptop computer with Windows 7 Operating System, it will need to be upgraded to Windows 10. Microsoft will stop supporting Windows 7 soon; therefore, we must upgrade all capable Windows 7 machines to Windows 10.
This is what you need to do:
- Determine the version of Windows you have. (Finding your Windows Version)
- If your Windows version is not 10, determine if it can be upgraded. (See list of computer models that CANNOT be upgraded. )
- If your computer can be upgraded,:
- BACKUP YOUR FILES - (Backing up to OneDrive)
- we recommend backing up at least the following:
- Any other folders where you store data. For example, if you download special fonts from the Internet, you may want to backup your FONTS folder.
- To copy your fonts, go to c:/windows and locate the Fonts folder. Include this folder when you backup your files.
- Submit a Footprint ticket to request Win 7 to Win 10 re-image at footprints.cpsb.org.