Mrs. Esclovon's 8th grade Mathematics Class
Welcome to 8th grade Mathematics!
2019-2020 REMEDIATION OPPORTUNITY
GRADE ENHANCEMENT OPPORTUNITY - Academic content remediation and grade recovery is available to all students who might have experienced academic challenges in the previous nine-week periods of the current school year. This opportunity can raise each of your first three report card grades by one letter grade. n order to raise your grades, you must complete and turn in the Grade Enhancement Assignments. You may do one, two or all three of these assignments. To receive credit, all work MUST be completed and turned in by Friday, May 15. Students who would like to take advantage of the Grade Enhancement opportunity can do so in the following three ways:
- Complete the grade recovery assignments that are assigned in AgileMind - Grade Enhancement assignments 1, 2, and 3. The Grade enhancement assignment number that you complete may bumo of your grade 1 letter grade and will only count towards the grade for the 9 weeks that matches the assignment #. (ei. Assignment 1 is grade recovery for the 1st 9 weeks marking period, Assignment 2 is for the 2nd 9 weeks and assignment #3 is for the 3rd 9 weeks.)
- Pick up grade recovery packets from the school on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 10am and 2pm. Packets must be returned back to the school or emailed to me to receive the grade enhancement credit.
- Print out the assignments and turn them in or take a picture and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. The links to print the packets out are Grade Enhancement Assignment 1, Grade Enhancement Assignment 2, and Grade Enhancement Assignment 3.
Remember, to bring up your first nine weeks grade, you will need to complete and turn in work for Grade Enhancement Assignment 1. This assignment covers AgileMind topics 2, 3 and 5, it has 37 questions.
To bring up your second nine weeks grade, you will need to complete and turn in work for Grade Enhancement Assignment 2. This assignment covers AgileMind topics 6, 7, and 8, it has 35 questions.
To bring up your third nine weeks grade, you will need to complete and turn in work for Grade Enhancement Assignment 3. This assignment covers AgileMind topics 10, 11, and 12, it has 35 questions.
The best way to turn your work in is to enter the answers into the AgileMind grade enhancement assignments AND take pictures of your papers and email those to me. If you do not have technology, you can return your completed packet to school, just be sure to include a cover page with your name, your grade, your math teacher's name and the assignment number. Remember it must be turned in by May 15.
The assignments will be available beginning May 1, 2020 and must be completed and submitted by May 15, 2020.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me or contact me during my office hours.
VIRTUAL OFFICE HOURS FOR TEACHERS
All CPSB teachers are holding virtual office hours. The exact hours have been determined by individual schools and will serve as a really great opportunity to contact teachers if you need assistance or have specific questions. My office hours are as follows:
- Mondays: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Fridays: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
During these hours, I will be checking my email frequently and I will be available for an immediate virtual meeting on my Blackboard via BB Collaborate, if needed.
I am always available outside of these office hours, so feel free to email at your convenience. However, it may take me a moment to reply to your request. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you all soon.
Stay safe and healthy!
Student Learning Packets
Packets are available for pick-up every Tuesday and Thursday. They are located at the front entrance of the school inside of the foyer. Packets includes materials for all core subjects - ELA, Science, Social Studies, and Math. If you have any questions about the packet, please email me or your child‘s core subject teacher.
IXL and XtraMath
You should work on your XtraMath daily and master 1 IXL lesson each day. In IXL, work on 8.W.7-10 and then work on the Y's and Z's that you did not finish. If you need your username and password let me know. If you finish before the next assignment posts, you can email me for more IXL suggestions or you can go to the websites tab and work on KhanAcademy or Youcubed.Please inform any other students you may talk to. FYI, Ms. Dupree has done the same thing. Stay safe and stay healthy. I love you all.