Welcome to 7th Grade English!!
BE KIND, BE POSITIVE, AND BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELVES YOU CAN BE.
WELCOME TO THE HUNGER GAMES
I will be teaching 7th grade English which will include Guidebooks content, Achieve, and Read to Lead. Our curriculum this year will focus on reading comprehension, writing skills, and break down of grade level complex texts. I eagerly look forward to working with you throughout the school year. We will safely journey through this time and enjoy learning together. Let the hunger games begin!
7 HABITS OF A HIGHY EFFECTIVE STUDENT:
1. Face the unknown
2. Be positive
3. Adapt to changes
4. Establish short and medium term goals
5. Clearly define your big long-term goal
6. Seek self-confidence
7. Be a team player
8. Celebrate and compliment others
!! ODYSSEYWARE - LET'S GET THROUGH THE FIRST FEW DAYS ...
I know... you probably feel like am I FINALLY starting 7th grade?
YES, you have! I'd like to give you a little FYI about Oddyseyware to help you maneuver through it more easily. Let's just get through the first few days.
1.DUE DATES - You should log in and look at your assignments routinely. There will be due dates next to each assignment. Do your best to meet these deadlines.
2. LESSONS, QUIZZES, TESTS - Two attempts will be given for every assignment and quiz. If you don't do as well on your first attempt, you can message me in Oyyseyware or email me from your cpsb email at email@example.com if you feel like you need help before you make your second attempt. Only one attempt will be given for tests.
3. LOG IN - Log into Oddesyware. (The Oddyseyware link is located on this page and also on the CPSB)
Username - initials + cpsb computer log in ex: jd1234567
Password - first and last name (lowercase) ex: jaylondoe
4. DO YOUR BEST - Remember, if you are having trouble JUST DO YOUR BEST. It may take you a few day to get used to working in Oddyseyware, but I promise: You WILL get the hang of it. You can do it! We will get through it together. YOU CAN MESSAGE ME IN ODYYSEYWARE IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED ANY HELP or EMAIL ME - firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay safe!