Dr. Corey J. Dotson, Sr.Positive Connections, PrincipalPhone: (337) 217.4295 Ext. 3578E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITIVE CONNECTIONS is the elementary alternative setting “east of the river” for Calcasieu Parish public school students in grades kindergarten through 5th grade. We are a learning community that inspires academic, behavioral and character excellence for every student.
Our school operations are based on two fundamental beliefs, including:
- Every leader’s actions will inspire learning, provide opportunities for leadership, and ensure collaboration with families and community members.
- Every learner will demonstrate a belief in his/her power to make positive choices, embrace learning, and build respectful relationships.
Students operate under a daily anthem, based on three guiding statements, including:
- I have the power to make positive choices.
- I will embrace learning.
- I will build respectful relationships.
To ensure consistent and constant communication with our parents, both the REMIND app and daily behavior trackers are utilized by staff members, outlining the student’s compliance with four basic school rules, including:
- Follow directions.
- Complete assignments.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Respect people and property.
Students at Positive Connections participate daily in targeted social skills lessons and activities that build their ability to L.E.A.D.:
- Lead by example
- Encourage others
- Act respectfully
- Defy the odds