Mrs. Cormier's Announcements
Welcome to my 8th grade ELA page. Here, I'll provide information about what we do in class.
What we are working on this week:
Week of October 11th to October 15th:
- Monday- No school. Fall Break!
- Tuesday- No school. Fall Break!
- Wednesday-Unit 2 Cold Read Pretest
- Thursday- Lesson 26: Compare Charlie to the Monster in Frankenstein
- Friday- Lesson 27: Compare and Contrast the Structures of “Flowers for Algernon” and Frankenstein
Previous Weekly Lesson Plans:
Week of October 4th to October 8th:
- Monday- Lesson 21: Write a New Progress Report
- Tuesday- Lesson 22: Practice Cold-Read Task, Multiple-Choice Questions
- Wednesday-Lesson 23: Practice Cold-Read Task, Essay Response
- Thursday- Lesson 24: Finish Reading “Flowers for Algernon”
- Friday- Lesson 25: Understand a Theme in “Flowers for Algernon”
Week of September 27th to October 1st:
- Monday- Lesson 17: Summarize Frankenstein
- Tuesday- Lesson 18: Determine Dr. Frankenstein’s Motivations
- Wednesday-Lesson 19: Analyze Language to Determine Tone and Meaning
- Thursday- Lesson 20: Compare the Structure of Two Texts
- Friday- Flowers for Algernon Section 5 Quiz
Week of September 20th to September 24th:
- Monday- Lesson 13: How Structure Impacts Character and Plot Development
- Tuesday- Lesson 14: Impact of Irony on Character Development
- Wednesday-Lesson 15: Conduct a Socratic Seminar
- Thursday- Flowers for Algernon Section 4 Quiz
- Friday- Lesson 16: Analyze Character Development and Irony in “Flowers for Algernon”
Week of September 13th to September 17th:
- Monday- Bad weather day! No school
- Tuesday- No school
- Wednesday-Sections 2 & 3 Quiz. Issue tech jobs for power point project.
- Thursday- Students will complete Lesson 11.
- Friday- Students will complete Lessons 12 & 13.
Reminder: I do not assign homework. I want them to go home and relax, play, and socialize with friends and family.
Week of September 6th to September 10th:
- Monday- Labor Day! No School
- Tuesday- Students will finish Lesson 8. They will analyze an argument and create a thesis statement.
- Wednesday- Students will complete Lesson 9. They will create a new thesis statement for "Flowers for Algernon" to prepare for their end of unit argumentative essay. They will complete a written response supporting their thesis statement.
- Thursday- Students will complete Lesson 10. They will revise their written responses by adding transition words and addressing a counterclaim.
- Friday- Students will complete their independent jobs and review Sections 2 and 3 (Lessons 5-10).
I do not assign homework. I want them to go home and relax, play, and socialize with friends and family.
Please be sure to complete and sign all paperwork that was sent home with your child. Please remember that all fees can be paid online. Please find the link on our MBMS webpage.
Also, please sign up for my Remind. Directions are on the green paper that your child received on the first day of school.