FBI New Orleans, The Tulane University Police Department, and the Louisiana Chapter of the FBI National Academy are proud to announce the introduction of the 2023 Future Law Enforcement Youth Academy (FLEYA) to Louisiana. Two of the nation’s most notable and iconic institutions will conduct law enforcement and legal training for selected youth from the State of Louisiana.
This is a FREE weeklong overnight camp exposing students (15 to 17 years of age) to federal, state and local law enforcement practices.
Link to information and application can be found on the FBI New Orleans website under COMMUNITY OUTREACH TAB: https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/neworleans/community-outreach
FLEYA Eligibility Criteria
- Student is a United States Citizen residing in the state of Louisiana
- Student is currently enrolled in a Louisiana High School
- Student must be 15 to 17 years old at the time of the Future Law Enforcement Youth Academy (FLEYA), which will be held June 9-14, 2024.
- This program is only for current high school students (students graduating high school in the spring 2024, are not eligible)
- Student minimum GPA of 2.7
- Student must complete the entire application
- Student understands they must be present each day of the FLEYA program; no absences during FLEYA
- Completed application and essay must be emailed in PDF form to LouisianaFLEYA@fbi.gov. (Note: No Google Docs or applications requiring a password to access will be accepted.)