Re-assessed and adopted May 2006
The objectives for the educational program of Barbe High School are as follows:
- To provide quality education, emphasizing preparation for college or employment after high school graduation.
- To help students, though counseling, appraise their abilities realistically in order to make wise choices and better prepare themselves for their chosen vocations.
- To help students develop a sense of personal pride, a well-defined set of values in keeping with those of the community, and an attitude of self confidence and independence.
- To encourage the development of individuals who strive for excellence y providing an atmosphere where creativity is actively sought.
- To foster a joy of learning and an appreciation of aesthetic values.
- To encourage feelings of patriotism, school spirit, tolerance, and altruism as well as an appreciation of the privilege of living in a democratic society.
- To help students develop leadership skills, self-direction, and self discipline while learning to work effectively with others through a program of student-centered activities which allow for individual interests, talents, and abilities.
- To provide the means for students to maintain sound mental and physical health.
- To take account of changing conditions and to modify the educational offerings as circumstances seem to demand.
- To to provide students with an environment and physical facilities that are conducive to effective learning situations.