Oct. 7- Important Information
Dear Arnett Family,
We understand that it has been a challenging past few weeks, but we are ready to see our students face-to-face and greet them with a huge smile. We cannot wait for our 1stofficial day of school! Until then, we have a few notes for you:
- 6th graders will attend 5 days a week.
- 7th and 8th graders will attend on a “Blue Days” and “Gold Days.”
- Monday & Wednesday = Blue Days (last names A-K)
- Tuesday & Thursdays = Gold Days (last names L-Z)
- School starts @ 7:40 am. Dismissal is @ 2:55 pm.
- Car drop off time begins @ 7:15 am. Please do not leave your children unattended.
- Our temporary office phone number is 337-304-5475. Also, if you need to get in touch with your child’s teacher, please call this number. Due to internet issues, teacher email is currently not working.
- No visitors will be allowed on campus once students begin school. We will have staff on duty to make sure all students feel safe and welcome.
- Dress Code: We are still adhering to the uniform policy. If you need accommodations due to Hurricane Laura, please call Arnett’s temporary phone number @ 337-304-5475 to speak with admin.
- All students will receive free breakfast & lunch all year since we are a CEP school now. If you have any outstanding balances, you will still need to have those paid.
- If you owe registration fees, please send $25 (cash or check) with your child.
- We will continue to follow all COVID protocols. Masks are required. Temperatures will be checked daily on the bus/car ramp. We will practice social distancing.
- Bring a labeled water bottle daily.
- No lockers this school year. Students will carry all items in a backpack throughout the school day.
- At this time, we are not dressing out in P.E. No gym uniform is needed.
- Some of our student registration packets were destroyed due to Hurricane Laura. If your child brings home another packet, please complete it and return it with your child as soon as possible.
- If you are currently enrolled for virtual Connected Classrooms and would like to switch to face-to-face instruction, we have change forms linked below, in the front office & on our Facebook page.
Link for form:
In the meantime, please continue to monitor CPSB’s Facebook page and website for the most up-to-date information regarding when Arnett will reopen. See you soon!