Return to Headlines

New Students...This is for you!



New students are required to obtain a permit to register (from CWA) in order to be enrolled.  Even if your child attended MJ Kaufman for Pre-K, you STILL have to get a permit for Kindergarten.  If you are registering a new student to MJ Kaufman you will need to provide student’s birth certificate, social security card, shot record, custody papers and IEPs (if applicable) to the school WITH YOUR PERMIT.


To Obtain Permit (from CWA)



Calcasieu Parish School Board Policy requires you to verify your address in order to register your child in the appropriate attendance zone. In order to do this, you must provide copies of two different current utility bills - electric bill (full page) MUST be one of the bills having your name, service address, and address on them; for example, gas, water, telephone, or cablevision statements along with the required electric bill. Copy of Parent ID is required. (CWA no longer makes copies of your records. You will need to come to the office with copies.) Please provide a set of copies for each child you are obtaining a permit for. The CWA office is located at 2423 Sixth Street.

If the legal guardian is living with someone else and has no utility statements in his/her name, he/she will need to provide

  • A notarized statement from the person with whom the guardian is living which verifies that he/she resides with the householder.
  • Two (2) current utility statements verifying homeowner address (one MUST be an electric bill)
  • Picture ID of the homeowner.
  • Picture ID of the parent.