Important Senior Letter Concerning Graduation Day
Click HERE for Printable Copy: 2020 Senior Information Letter
2020 GRADUATING CLASS: May 23, 2020 at 7:30 pm
Our philosophy – Graduation is a privilege earned through much hard work, sweat, and tears by many and, as such, it is treated with the upmost respect and dignity that it deserves.
The following information is for all potential graduating seniors and their parents/guardians:
NOTE: Only graduating seniors will be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony. This means that the student has met all requirements of the diploma track under which they are obligated.
ALL SENIOR OBLIGATIONS MUST BE TAKEN CARE OF by May 15th. (THIS INCLUDES Senior Fees, Lunch, IDs, and Library Fees) Please pay school fees in the principal’s office on Mon, 9 – 11 am, and Tues and Thurs, 8am – 12pm. Please pay with cash or a money order. Fees can be checked by logging into Student Access Center or by call 337-217-4960, ext. 7110 during the listed above office hours. If you have any concerns, please come by the school and speak to MR. BAYNES during the above listed hours.
Returning Library Books: All library books can be dropped off in the front lobby of the school. Please place all books in the bend. Lobby office hours are Mon from 9 – 11 am, and Tues and Thurs from 8am – 12pm.
Locker Clean Out: Lockers may be clean up starting Monday, May 11th during the following office hours.
Mon from 9 – 11 am, and Tues and Thurs from 8am – 12pm. Students should not come no more than 10 at a time and should always practice social distancing. A mask must be worn while at school.
NOTE: All athletic, band, dance or JROTC members should contact their coach/sponsor directly in order to plan a time and date to clean out lockers.
All senior supplies are ordered through Graduate Sales. They can be reached at 337-480-4048. The ONLY items we require seniors to order are their cap and gowns, diploma covers, and stole – a minimum of $115.71. Everything else is optional but please understand that once you placed the order you are contractually obligated to pay that debt before you will be allowed to participate in graduation.
GRADUATION WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, MAY 23RD, AT 7:30 P.M. at Matt Walker Memorial Stadium at Sulphur High School, located at 100 Sycamore Street in Sulphur. Seniors are asked to report at 6:30 pm. Every senior must be seated by 7:10 pm. Lineup assignments and 2020 graduate stole, honor cords, and medallions will be handed out at this time. Please arrive on TIME.
ALL GRADUATING SENIORS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND GRADUATION UNLESS EXCUSED BY MR. BAYNES. Please email email@example.com if you decide not to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Parents and students will not be allowed on the field, save seats, or hang banners before or during the ceremony. Caps and gowns should be worn into Sulphur Football Stadium. **Cell phones will not be allowed on the field. Seniors should leave cell phones with parents. Failure to comply will result in non-participation in the graduation ceremony. **Any senior arriving late once the procession has started will not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony. Remember to practice social distancing at all times.
- All young ladies are required to wear dresses or blouses and skirts (there is NO stipulation on the color or
style of dresses) or navy, brown or black dress slacks. Dresses/skirts should not be longer than the graduation robe nor should they extend up beyond the collar of the robe or past the sleeve line. Jeans are not allowed.
- Ladies shoes are required to HAVE A BACK STRAP. Heels of any kind are not allowed due to artificial turf football field. Sandals with strap, flats, tennis shoes, or wedges of any color may be worn. Beach shoes, slippers, and flip -flops are NOT ALLOWED.
- All young men are required to wear a collared or polo style shirt (white preferred), dark full ties, bowties, and navy, brown, or black dress slacks & black, brown or navy dress shoes. Tennis shoes, Sperry or Sperry like shoes are accepted. Beach shoes, slippers, sandals, and flip-flops are NOT ALLOWED. Shorts and jeans are NOT ALLOWED.
***Corsages and boutonnieres are not allowed on the graduation robe nor are any stoles or sashes other than those provided by LaGrange High School. Only issued tassels are allowed & no decorations of any kind are permitted on the cap or any part of the graduation attire. No large jewelry or chains will be allowed to be worn on top of the gown.
Should you be unsure as to whether what you are planning to wear will be acceptable, it is always better to ask about your specific article of clothing or send a picture through REMIND. This will avoid the embarrassment of being told you cannot walk graduation night because you are dressed improperly.
More information will come about the specifics of graduation tickets and seating arrangements. Thank you for being patient as we continue to share the influx of information concerning the BIG DAY. Congratulations, Class of 2020!!!
Day of Graduation Instructions and Map:
Graduation will be held Saturday, May 23rd, at 7:30 p.m. at Matt Walker Memorial Stadium at Sulphur High School, located at 100 Sycamore Street in Sulphur. Seniors are asked to report at 6:30 pm. Every senior must be seated by 7:10 pm.
- Gates open at 6:30 p.m.
- Graduates and guest should park in the West (home) parking lot. You are encouraged to ride together in one car.
- All graduates will enter the West (vistors) side of the stadium and will be ushered directly to you seats.
- Ticket holders will enter from the West (home) side of the stadium and will be ushered directly to your seats.
- Everyone must have a ticket, including infants.
- Gathering in the parking lot will NOT be allowed.
- Proper spacing is set-up in the stadium. Please do not move seat markers. Guest not following social distancing guidelines will be escorted from the stadium.
- No high heels
- No food or drink of the field, only water
- No gum or sunflower seeds
- No confetti
- No spectators/parents of the field
- No stakes or poles can be stuck in the turf
- No hanging of signs or banners
- No pets allowed on turf or stadium (only approved and verified through SPD/CPSO)