After 8/1/19, there will be no registration until 7:00 am Tuesday 8/13/19 (first day of school).
*Spirit T-shirts ($12) and PE uniforms ($18) will be available for sale during registration*
After August 1, Spirit T-shirts and PE uniforms will be not be sold again until Monday, August 26, 2019.
Students will not be dressing out for PE until after Labor Day.
To expedite the registration process, please be aware of the following:
- Our registration fee is $45.00. We accept cash, check, money orders only, or you can now use our Online Payment Systemhttps://osp.osmsinc.com/CalcasieuLA/.
- If you choose to pay registration fees online, you will still need to fill out an emergency information form. You may stop by the front office to pick up your child’s form or we can email it to you to be completed.
- School spirit shirts, which can be worn any day of the week.
- P.E. uniforms include t-shirt and shorts.
- If your student is new to our school district, attended a school outside of our district last year and is returning our district, or you live outside of our school zone, you must have a permit to register which can be obtained from the Child Welfare and Attendance Office located at 2423 6thStreet. When applying for a permit, you must have a copy of your child’s birth certificate and social security card in addition to a copy of the parent/legal guardian’s identification, two proofs of residency, and any other pertinent copies which may pertain to custody. Please be sure to have copies as CWA will not make copies for you. Once you have obtained your permit, please bring it with you to S. J. Welsh to register along with an additional copy of a birth certificate and social security card.
- If you are new to our district, please bring a copy of your child’s last report card, test scores, and all other educational documents that you believe may be helpful when registering.
- As a reminder, all incoming 6thgraders must have updated immunizations. Please be sure to follow-up with your child’s pediatrician or local health unit to update immunizations.
- If your child is required to take medication during the school day, please have your child’s pediatrician complete the Calcasieu Parish School Board’s medication packet for each medication to be administered on campus. This includes all over the counter and prescribed medications including but not limited to insulin, asthma inhalers, epi pens, etc. These forms can be picked up in the front office or accessed via the CPSB website.
- Homeroom assignments will be posted the night before school starts in the front of the school as well as throughout the school the morning of the first day. Students will receive their schedules during homeroom the first day of school. During this busy time, our counselors will not be able to attend to each call or E-mail individually until school is underway. We appreciate your patience.
We encourage you to like our S. J. Welsh Facebook page and visit our school site to stay informed of all school events
We are excited about this new school year and look forward to seeing our returning and to meeting our new students!