2019 LEAP 2025 Results Released
Public Information Officer
July 11, 2019
With today’s release of raw test scores statewide by the Louisiana Department of Education, the Calcasieu Parish School Board is excited to report growth among many of our students’ scores.
- 75% of CPSB schools maintained or saw an increase in the number of students scoring Mastery or above
- 69% of CPSB elementary schools saw increases in English/Language Arts and Math
- 15 of our 32 elementary schools increased in ELA, Math and Social Studies
Schools in Calcasieu Parish also fared well when compared to state averages and other districts comparable in size, as Calcasieu is the fifth largest school district in the state.
- In comparison with other large districts, Calcasieu sits third in the percentage of students scoring Mastery or above in grades 3-8, English I-II, Algebra I, Geometry, and U.S. History.
- Calcasieu Parish schools are also above the state average in number of students scoring Mastery or above in grades 3-8.
“The effort to help each child grow and show progress is what our district, schools, and teachers strive for each day,” said Superintendent Karl Bruchhaus. “The 2018-2019 testing data demonstrates that Calcasieu is moving in the right direction toward those goals. The work of our classroom teachers and school administrators gives us great cause for optimism now and as we move forward.”
Growth and VAM data, along with Science results have not yet been released. That information will be released in the coming weeks.
Click here for the LDOE Parent Guide to the LEAP 2025 Student Reports.